Cosmetic Surgeons UK
Find UK Surgeons
What is Cosmetic Surgery?
Cosmetic surgery is a surgical procedure that involves the enhancement of the appearance of various parts of the body. It has become extremely popular in the UK with the increased availability of various different types of procedures.
What procedures are available?
The most popular procedures that are available for cosmetic surgery include:-
- Liposuction – The surgical removal of excess amounts of fat from various parts of the body, such as the abdomen, hips, thighs and arms. A common type of liposuction treatment is a “tummy tuck”, which involves the removal of unwanted fat and skin from the lower and middle layer of the abdomen, thereby causing the abdominal wall to become slimmer and more firm.
- Rhinoplasty – This procedure, more commonly known as a “nose job”, is the enhancement of the appearance of the nose through surgery
- Breast Implants – One of the most popular types of cosmetic surgery that women undergo is the use of breast implants to increase the size of their breasts. Other related procedures, such as breast reduction are available for women who have uncomfortably large breasts.
Choosing a Cosmetic Surgery provider
Making a decision to undergo Cosmetic Surgery is probably the most important one you will ever have to make. For this reason, it is understandable that undergoing Cosmetic Surgery can leave you feeling very uneasy and nervous. It is therefore extremely important that you choose a Cosmetic Surgery provider that you are comfortable with and have faith in. Qualified surgeons are members of The British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (BAAPS) and/or the British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons (BAPRAS). Thorough research must be done into looking for a provider who is highly competent as well as allows no compromise in adhering to ethical standards. The most efficient way to do this is to check on the Specialist Medical Register, which is an up to date list of all the medical providers licensed in the UK. This list is provided by the General Medical Council and is available on their website. It is important not to be hasty when it comes to choosing a provider and it is advisable to speak with different cosmetic surgeons until you are satisfied that you have made the right choice.
Once you are happy with your choice, you need to get in touch with your provider and book a consultation appointment. It is at this stage that you can discuss the type of Cosmetic Surgery you are interested in as well as your suitability as a candidate. This opportunity should also be used to clarify any queries that you may have about the procedure, such as the potential risks and complications. In order to make sure that you get all the relevant information from your consultant, you should consider asking about the following aspects:-
It is vital that you are well aware of all the aspects of the procedure. First and foremost, you need to discuss how suitable you are as a candidate for the procedure. Make sure you are well informed about the possible risks as well as the past success rate for that particular type of procedure. Your consultants may be able to show you previous photographs of people who have had the procedure done successfully, showing the difference in their appearance before and after the surgery. Your consultant will be able to shed some light on the after effects of the surgery and any precautions that you may need to take post surgery.
You should ask your consultant for the name of your surgeon as well as relevant qualifications and history. It may also be helpful to ask whether or not they are a full-time surgeon. This will give an indication of how many procedures they have carried out.
Enquire about the total cost of the procedure, in addition to any payment schemes that may be available. Ask about the cost of any additional products that you may need to purchase.
As was mentioned earlier, going for cosmetic surgery will probably be one of the most important and nerve wrecking decisions you will ever have to take. For this reason, you need to consider all the angles so as to allow yourself to make an informed decision. Think about the impact that the surgery will have on your life and also the costs that you will incur. You need to weigh out the pros and cons of the procedure and decide for yourself if the procedure is worth it
- COSMETIC SURGEONS UK
- COSMETIC SURGEONS AND THEIR QUALIFICATIONS
- IMPORTANCE OF A COSMETIC SURGEONâ€™S EXPERIENCE
- SURGERY COST VARIATIONS BETWEEN COSMETIC SURGEONS
- COSMETIC SURGEONâ€™S CASE STUDIES
- HOW TO FIND A COSMETIC SURGEON
- QUESTIONS TO ASK A COSMETIC SURGEON
- CHOOSING A COSMETIC SURGEON
- COSMETIC SURGEONS FOR LIPOSUCTION
- COSMETIC SURGEONS FOR RHINOPLASTY
- COSMETIC SURGEONS FOR BREAST AUGMENTATION
- COSMETIC SURGEONS ACCREDITATIONS